During the month of May Eileen Hull and her teams are having an Unconventional Materials challenge. The challenge was simple…use an Eileen’s Scoreboard die and make it from an “unconventional” material. 😃
I like repurposing materials, so this challenge was “right up my alley”! I’m working on several journals using several of Eileen’s dies and materials that I don’t usually think of using to make a journal. I thought I’d share a flip-through video of the first journal I’ve completed.
I used Eileen’s Passport Book Scoreboard die to cut a cover from a plastic placemat purchased at the Dollar Tree. Since the placemat had a wine theme, I thought it would make an excellent Wine & Spirit Journal to take with me to winery, brewery, and distillery tastings!
My Wine & Spirit Journal has three signatures (sections of pages). The first signature contains wine tasting score cards, the second signature has blank pages for notes, cocktail recipes, and general journaling. The third, and final, signature is made up of pocket pages for photos, receipts, and other junk journal elements. Finally, there is an envelope pocket on the inside cover of the journal to hold a couple 1/2-size pencils to write in my journal.
Me and my hubby love to visit different wineries and vineyards during our RV travels, and I look forward to filling up this journal with memories of those experiences!
Until next time, Happy Crafting!
Hugs & Love, Angie
Supplies and Tools Used
Compensated affiliate links used, when available, at no cost to you. All products used in this project were personally purchased by me, unless specifically stated. Thank you in advance for your support!
- Sizzix – Eileen Hull Passport Book Scoreboard Die – Scrapbook.com
- Sizzix – Eileen Hull Passport Book Scoreboard Die – Sizzix.com
- Therm-o-web Eileen Hull Red Line Tape – Etsy
- Scrapbook.com – Permanent Adhesive Roller – Scrapbook.com
- Sizzix – Big Shot Machine
- Sizzix – Big Shot Pro Accessory – Cutting Pad – Extended, 1 Pair
- Ranger Ink – Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads – Walnut Stain
- Ranger Ink – Tim Holtz – Distress Ink Pads – Candied Apple
- Ranger Ink – Tim Holtz – Mini Ink Blending Tool – Round
- Ranger Ink – Tim Holtz – Mini Ink Blending Tool Replacement Foams – Round
- Thin Plastic Placemat
- Assorted Scrapbook Paper and Cardstock
- Assorted embellishments, beads, charms, ribbon, etc.
To receive email notifications of new content posted, enter your email in the box and click the “Subscribe” button.